Everything you need to know about our warranties
All new items purchased from Tubs Parts are covered by our two-year commercial warranty, with the exception of a small number of special parts which are described below.
First of all, if an item is not what you expected, or doesn't fix the problem with your hot tub, or if you simply don't like, please send it back to us in good condition during the first six months after purchase, and we will refund you. After that, if you notice a problem, even minor, during the first two years, please contact us. Depending on the circumstances, we may ask you to return the item at our expense to be repaired, or replace it, or refund your purchase. Please contact us before returning the item, as this allows us to cover the return shipping costs. In the case of fragile objects, such as pumps, we must also ensure that you have suitable packaging for the return.
There are some important conditions. The commercial warranty does not apply in the following cases:
- Damage to electronic equipment due to problems with the electrical supply, or the cabling. This applies to equipment damaged by electrical surcharges, electrical arcs, or incorrect voltage.
- Electronic equipment that has been flooded, regardless of the origin of the water.
- Parts that are incomplete or heavily modified. You must return the entire item that you purchased. If the impeller on your new pump breaks, for example, you must return the entire pump, not just the broken impeller. We can occasionally make exceptions to this rule, but only by prior arrangement. Please contact us before you return the part.
- Usage that is beyond the design capabilities of the part. This is particularly important for products that incorporate parts with a limited lifespan, such as carbon brushes on some motors, or the ozone-generating chamber on ozonators. In general, the parts that we sell are designed for normal domestic use as hot tub components. If you install use the parts on a commercial spa, or on an aquarium or car wash (it happens...), then the warranty does not apply.
- The warranty is to protect you against defects in the parts, and is not does not insure you against accidents. If your spa is damaged by an electrical surge, or rats chew on your sensor cables, it won't be covered.
Items with shorter warranties
Filter cartridges, capacitors, wet end seals, headrests, ozonators, and UV-C bulbs have a one-year warranty
The carbon brushes in blower motors have a lifespan expressed in hours (typically around 1500 hours, but check the details for each motor), with a maximum of 2 years. The other components of the blower have the standard 2-year warranty.
Test strips, plus some cleaning products and water treatment chemicals have an expiration date that is printed on the packaging.
We sell used and reconditioned parts with a six-month warranty.
Even if you think the warranty will not apply, please contact us if you have any problems with an item that you purchased from us.